Miles Pedaled

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wildflower Ride to Nowhere

What a perfect day! Blue skies, short sleeves, no rain jackets, and lots of sun screen.





We started east on a country road and there were very few cars, but an amazing display of wildflowers! Yellow flowers,



pink flowers,



and a turtle rescued from the road.

We wanted to save him for you Drew, but nowhere to put him!


Queen Ann's Lace (the only one I can identify),




and 6" corn plants.


Well, ok. That stopped us.



and since we couldn't cross this... we turned around and went west.


This is what we saw.


Lavender flowers,



white flowers and so small (3/4") that I would have missed it if I hadn't waded through flowers and bees looking at a different flower.


So worth the chiggers that I'm sure will be killing me by tomorrow!



Happy flowers,



beautiful farms,



purple flowers,



more yellow flowers,


and my favorite that I risked life to photograph. Wish I knew what it was.


All of this in a fifteen mile stretch.


Worth having to double back for.
Even if we did have to ride until 8:30.

New record for one day - 62 miles.

...and we think to ourselves, what a wonderful world.

Good night...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, do I remember the chiggers from the years my family lived in Arkansas when I was young. Really enjoying your postings and pictures!
    Judy Harper

    ReplyDelete