Miles Pedaled

Friday, May 14, 2010

This Is Dedicated to Our Cycle Loving Boys


Disclaimer - BTW, Steve the Swede told me the Swedish immigrants settled this part of Kansas starting in 1869 - not in the early 1900s. I stand corrected and this blog is a joint effort since I know nothing about motorcycles!





Another little town on the Scenic Highway. See Marmot?




He really does sell tires.






I told Steve he'd better fill her up cause I'm about out of gas!




Thought you'd like the sign Steven.
After we gassed up Marmot we stopped at the local Sundry Store. They served a delicious chicken wrap and fresh limeade.





Here we are in the middle Kansas and find a Motorcycle Museum





Do you think anyone noticed that our cycle didn't have a motor?






Stan died two years ago and his wife, LaVona runs the museum. She looks just like the little lady in the corner of the photo. Looked like a doll in her day. Stan's not bad either as long as we don't compare him to my man.





Quite the bike rider!






Just a few of his trophies.







The patch says it all.






This is one of Stan's bikes.






A classic 1929 Indian!






Back in the days before Harleys became hogs.






Quite a collection. Worth the ride.






It was hard not to have engine envy!






Kanopolis Lake with my honey. Does it get any better?






No telling where you might be when business calls.
I call it our Roger Stop.


It's been another great day even though we had to ride 20 miles against the wind.

Getting stronger every day but I'm praying for rain tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. Great Post Martha! I am enjoying your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys will LOVE this! Bummer it's raining today. Hopefully it will clear soon. Love and miss you. Stay safe:)

    ReplyDelete